Monday, May 2, 2011

Draw Near to God!

 

“Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye doubleminded.”

James 4:8

Are you drawing near to God? Or: How DO you draw near to God? What does purify your heart mean?:

I hate vain thoughts: but thy law do I love.

Psalm 119:113

The Lord is nigh to them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Psalm 34:18

The Lord is nigh to all that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth.

Psalm 145:18

Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed thereto according to thy word.

Psalm 119:9

Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.

Proverbs 31:30

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Galatians 2:20

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God.

Romans 12:1,2

 

flower-1-BeautifulFreePictures.com

4 comments:

  1. Hi Brytni,
    Just met your little corner of the web. I appreciate the wholesome articles and verses you have shared here. It's a blessing to hear about other daughters who are drawing close to our Savior. This has been one of my spring goals and how true I have found the promise, Hebrews 11:6, "He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him." May He be praised! 1 Peter 5:10

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Sarah!
    All glory to God! He has blessed me richly in all things. I pray that I can show a smidgen of my gratitude to Him through my postings here... Though they be a far cry from the angels in heaven, who continually praise His glorious name! Thank you for taking the time to read, and then post! It is encouraging to hear feedback! Let us continue, as the verse you referenced has said, to DILIGENTLY seek him together! For His eternal glory and our profit! *Philippians 4:8*

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post meant a lot to me in particular. I *LOVE* all the verses you chose to put with it. I am so thankful that according to James 4:8 He is willing to draw nigh to us if we will do the first works again. May the Lord's Magnificent name be praised!

    I miss you sweet sister! Hope to see you face to face again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss you too! Thanks for taking the time to post! Love you bunches! Hope to see you soon too, if our gracious Lord is willing!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for the time you take to read!