Saturday, May 7, 2011

Purity

Seek the Lord!

“ Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.”

–Matthew 5:8

“Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word. With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.”

–Psalm 119:9,10

“Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. and every man that hath his hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.”

–1 John 3:2,3

“Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.”

Isaiah 55:6-9

To be pure is to have our hearts set on one thing alone! The Lord! We should be like our brother David, for many times, in the Psalms, he shows us that the Lord and His will were the most important things in his life! Even in his sin of adultery and murder, he said, “Against Thee, and Thee only, have I sinned”! Do we have this singleness, this PURITY, of heart? Let us strive after Him with our WHOLE heart!

 

“Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually.”

–1 Chronicles 16:11

 

BeautifulFreePictures.com-Most_Beautiful_Picture-25

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for the time you take to read!