Thursday, June 2, 2011

Oh, The Promises of a Loving Father!

 

“Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.”

2Corintians 7:1

What are you doing to show your gratefulness to the LORD for His promises? He calls for us to conform our lives to Christ in holiness, fearing the Lord and departing from evil.

Please post a comment, telling which of His promises means the most to you right now!

One that I am especially thankful for, is that He has promised that He has removed our transgressions from us… AS FAR AS THE EAST IS FROM THE WEST!! What a merciful Father!

 

black and white of daisy

Can’t wait to see the promises that you are praising God for!

1 comment:

  1. I love the promise of God's love for us in Jeremiah 31:3.

    "The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee."

    The Lord is so good and so forgiving. I am amazed at how many times in Scripture He says He loves us...even if we are sinners (saved by God's grace, of course) and that He will forgive us. I guess you could say 1 John 1:9 is a favorite as well.

    2 Corinthians 7:1 is a favorite of mine ever since Papa did the sermon on that. The verse has been a "church verse" ever since. :)

    There are SOO many more of God's wonderful promises that mean a lot to me. Can I just copy out like half the Bible in this comment??? lol

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for the time you take to read!