Monday, June 27, 2011

~Purely Identified~

  • Part 1 in a series for ladies on P u r i t y

Galatians 2:20 ~  “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, Who loved me, and gave Himself for me.”

Jean and Sally have just been introduced. They have been conversing for some time, and have asked all of the normal “get to know you” questions. When Sally asks this all important question… How will it be answered?

Sally ~ “So, what do you do?”

Jean ~ “Well I have a doctorate in neurology. I have been studying and working hard trying to find a better, and more reliable cure for cancer. And I think I’m on to something! How about you?”

Sally ~ “Wow! Umm, well, I am a mother of 5 children… I am a homemaker… I clean the church building every Saturday, umm…

Upon reflection of such conversations, I began to think, “What are these ladies saying?” Which woman do you admire? Why?

Let me start by saying that I’m not condemning all or any of the things either woman said… There we go, got that out there for those who were wondering what was so bad! :) But just think about this for your own sake, and consider what it implies.Also that we do not just identify ourselves by what we say, but also by what we do!

Christ lives in us! Why, then, do we center our talk and lives around, and identify ourselves by, so many other things? Jobs, homes, money, kids, appearance, etc. Really now, what are we thinking? All things we have are gifts from The most kind and gracious Father. EVERYTHING!

If we wrap our identities up in the way we decorate our house, the way we cook, the way we do our hair, are we worthy to be called the daughters of God? What worthless tripe we place our hope in! We will, if we don’t get our priorities straight, become discontented and frustrated just like the world. Suddenly the silliest little things will bother us. We will worry, be anxious, become angry, and bitter. And why? Because we do not REALLY and TRUELY believe that it is He that dwelleth in us. Pluck out your “I”, and replace it with “Thee alone, O Christ!”

Oh sisters! Are you pure? Are you pure in your identity? What worldly and prideful things have you allowed to creep in and steal you true identity? What will you cut off?

Who are you?

By-The-Lily-Pond

1 comment:

  1. Galatians 2 :20 is one of my life verses. Thank you for posting. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for the time you take to read!