Monday, September 12, 2011

Pure Food For Thought

~Part 5 in a series on Purity

god's word

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Philippians 4:8

This week I was going through some old papers of mine. Papers filled with questions that I have written down, over time, to ask a suitor, if/when he should come calling. As I read the questions, it struck me that there were some with which we might examine ourselves in contemplation of our motives, actions, lifestyles, allegiances, identities, etc., thereby discovering our purity, or lack thereof, in thought, word and deed. I thought I would just put some here for your consideration.

Who do you consider to have the most influence in your life? Why/how?

What are your top 5 favourite books? Or books that have most influenced you? How have they done so?

What type of music do you listen to on a daily basis? How does it make you feel?

What 3 men do you seek the most counsel/advise from? Why?

What young people do you spend the most time with?

What/who irritates you the most? Why? What are, (or are) you doing (anything) to be charitable in such situations?

What biblical person do you admire the most? Which do you need to learn from the most?

What has been the most difficult time in your life? Why? How, or could you have handled the time differently to avoid or lessen the difficulty?

What thought provoking questions can you think of to help us examine ourselves? Please Comment!

corner roses

2 comments:

  1. wow. those are really good questions! I have actually done the same thing...just not on paper yet. But I have about 5 questions that I can't wait to ask someone someday.
    One of mine is how often do you read your Bible and pray? My ultimate prayer is to be able to pray and read the Bible with my future husband someday together. Not just by myself. :) I guess this is kinda an obvious question...and I know that neither one of us would go for a guy that wasn't reading every day or had an independent fear of the Lord. But just a simple question to think about as well.
    I REALLY like your point about music and the friends he hangs around. those really mark a man and the way he will go in the future.
    Thank you for posting this! Sorry this is such a long comment...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking the time to comment dear! That is a wonderful question and one which we should indeed ask ourselves. How often do we read and pray? And are we just reading and praying mechanically and mindlessly? or with true love and reverence for our Lord and His word!! Thanks again! Love you Sister!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for the time you take to read!