Tuesday, October 11, 2011

~Contentment~

 

“But godliness with contentment is great gain.”

1Timothy 6:6    

The Lord has been instructing me on this quality quite a bit lately. Contentment is a choice, not a condition. We should be content with everything (except in striving for perfection in our conformity to Christ). We must be content with our parents, our siblings, the country we live in, our gender, our hair color, how tall (or short) we are, our marital statice, our church body, etc…etc…etc… Let us examine our hearts TODAY!

The definition of Contentment:

“A resting or satisfaction of mind without disquiet; acquiescence.”

Webster’s 1828 Dictionary

 

And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.”

1Timothy 6:8

I pray that I can be content with and in the Lord’s will for my life! He has done SO much for me… Oh Lord! What have I done for Thee?

little girl with flower basket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for the time you take to read!