Thursday, October 13, 2011

~The Sobriety of Death~

 

Hot_Pink_Rose_Swirl_Assortment_Pic

Today I am reflecting on life & death. The vapor of one, the meaning of the other. A friend’s brother is losing his wife. She had a premature baby not long ago, and complications afterward. The Lord could perform a “miracle” or He may take her breath away. Right now death seems eminent. The baby appears to be doing well as of right now, not knowing her mother lays on what may be her death bed.

Many times people say the first question that comes to mind is “Why?” (and I understand why.) For me , my first thought was “I wonder if Mrs. ----- trusts fully in the Lord. And If her husband does too?”

As Christians, death is just a passing unto life! We have nothing to fear, and everything to look forward to. If we hope in the Lord and trust in Him, then we should be able to say with the apostle Paul “O death, where is thy sting? o grave, where is thy victory?” (1Corinthians 15:55) I pray for this man and woman, that their faith and love in the Lord will be increased, weather in death, or in life. I pray that she can say, “To live is Christ, but to die is GAIN!”(Philippians 1:21)

I also pray for the other family members involved. I pray that our Lord will give them the right and comforting words to speak to their brother(Isaiah 50:4), and that their brother would be built up in faith and hope thereby. As brothers and sisters we are commanded to weep when others weep.(Romans 12:15) We are also to remind each other of the coming day of resurrection.(1 Thessalonians 4:16-18) Lord have mercy on this man, and comfort Him as only you can!

  “I know, O LORD, that thy judgments are right, and that thou in faithfulness hast afflicted me. Let, I pray thee, thy merciful kindness be for my comfort, according to thy word unto thy servant. Let thy tender mercies come unto me, that I may live: for thy law is my delight.”

Psalm 119:75-77

Just a sober reflection. Pray for this family… Examine your own heart too. Where does your hope lie? In life? Or in death?

casket in the ground

How Sweet to Die
Farewell, vain world, I'm going home,
My Savior bids me come,
Sweet angels beckon from on high,
Then, O How sweet to die.


I'm glad that I am born to die,
From grief my soul shall fly,
Sweet angels beckon from on high,
Then, O how sweet to die.


I'll praise my Savior while I've breath,
I'll praise Him after death,
I'll praise His matchless name on high,
Then, O how sweet to die.


I soon shall pass this vale of death,
When I shall lose my breath,
And then my happy soul shall fly,
Then, O how sweet to die.


A . N. Whitten

(This is one of my very favourite hymns!)

Heart_11

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for the time you take to read!