Friday, November 18, 2011

42 Years Ago Today…

         James Edward Cutler was born!

B8 & DadDad and Berean at Bryant’s wedding in October

I praise the Lord today for my Father!

He loves the Lord with all His might, and has striven, and continues to strive, to instill a love and fear of the Lord in His children!

“Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men.”

Proverbs 22:29

My father is an excellent example of diligent work! He has always worked VERY hard to provide for his family, and the Lord has prospered him for his diligent, hard, persevering, work. I pray that He continues to bless him abundantly, as he continues to work as unto the Lord!

“The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.”

Proverbs 9:10

My father is very wise! He fears the Lord and walks in His ways. It is his chief concern to conform his life to Christ’s. I have watched my father grow and change, over the years, based upon his convictions and better understanding of God’s Word! Dad is never concerned about what is popular,  but only what is in accordance with the Bible. He would reject all, to follow His Master! Thank you, dad, for that example!

“Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.”

1Peter 2:17

I am thankful for my dad’s example of honor and respect of authority. He speaks honorably of his parents, his bosses, the government, pastors etc.

My father’s love for our church is great! He labors abundantly for the profit of each member of our small congregation. He greets each one with cheerfulness. He is popular among the little people too. If it weren’t for him, our church wouldn’t be. His hospitality, his willingness to receive instruction and his love for all of God’s children, built our church. I am so thankful for God’s sovereign hand in all of that!

“Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;”

Ephesians 5:25

He is the faithful husband of Jacqueline Verna. He is a wonderful example of a loving husband! He and my mother have been married for 22 years. He washes his wife in the Word and trains his children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Dad is a great encourager! He loves and builds each of us up unto greater godliness.

“ But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.”

Galatians 5:22,23

My father is a humble man. Many come to him for counsel and advice, but he would never be condescending to anyone. He is gracious. He is longsuffering. He is forgiving. He is joyful. He is loving. He is gentle. He is good. He is temperate. He is a leader. He is so many things, that it would take a long time to list all of the things that he is!

I want to thank the Lord publicly for giving me to this man to be his daughter!  I pray that the Lord will reward him, and shower him with many blessings!

mom and serious dad

(Dad and Mom at Bryant’s wedding in October)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind words, dear daughter. The Lord gets all the glory for it is He who made me and saved me in spite of my sin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome Dad! I love you very much, and praise the Lord that He did save you and gave you a zealous heart for Him! He is so good to us!Thank you for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for the time you take to read!