Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Lord is my Shepherd!

 

“My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: and I give unto them eternal life.”

John 10:27,28

A shepherd

Dearest Lord and Omnipotent Father,

Thank you Lord for choosing me to be your sheep, and thereby giving me eternal life and a heavenly home! Help me to faithfully follow you, my Shepherd and my Saviour!

May each of your elect children hear and listen to your voice. May they obey it and come to the knowledge of the truth.

Amen!

Savior Like a Shepherd Lead Us!

Savior, like a shepherd lead us, much we need Thy tender care;
In Thy pleasant pastures feed us, for our use Thy folds prepare.
Blessed Jesus, blessed Jesus! Thou hast bought us, Thine we are.
Blessed Jesus, blessed Jesus! Thou hast bought us, Thine we are.

We are Thine, do Thou befriend us, be the guardian of our way;
Keep Thy flock, from sin defend us, seek us when we go astray.
Blessed Jesus, blessed Jesus! Hear, O hear us when we pray.
Blessed Jesus, blessed Jesus! Hear, O hear us when we pray.

Thou hast promised to receive us, poor and sinful though we be;
Thou hast mercy to relieve us, grace to cleanse and power to free.
Blessed Jesus, blessed Jesus! Let us early turn to Thee.
Blessed Jesus, blessed Jesus! Let us early turn to Thee.

Early let us seek Thy favor, early let us do Thy will;
Blessed Lord and only Savior, with Thy love our bosoms fill.
Blessed Jesus, blessed Jesus! Thou hast loved us, love us still.
Blessed Jesus, blessed Jesus! Thou hast loved us, love us still.

Dorothy Ann Thrupp

2 comments:

  1. That is one of my favorite hymns, thank you for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment, and you are welcome! I love old hymns! The Lord was so good to give men the ability to weave biblical principles into song, for our edification!
    "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord." Col.3:16 (KJV)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for the time you take to read!