Monday, December 19, 2011

My Soul is Magnifying the Lord This Morning!

~
"My soul doth magnify the Lord,
My spirit doth rejoice,
In God my saviour and my God;
I hear His joyful voice.
I need not go abroud for joys,
I have a feast at home;
My sighs are turned into songs,
The Comforter has come!
 
"Down from above, this blessed Dove,
Is come into my breast,
Witness of God's eternal love,
This is my heavenly feast.
This makes me 'Abba Father' cry,
With confidence of soul:
This makes me cry 'My Lord, my God'
And that without control.
 
"There is a stream that issues forth,
From God's eternal throne,
And from the land a living stream,
Clear as a crystal stone.
This stream doth water Paradise,
It makes the angels sing;
One cordial drop revives my heart,
Thence all my joys do spring.
 
"Such joys as these unspeakable,
And full of glory too,
Such hidden manna, hidden pearls,
As worldlings do not know.
Eye hath not seen, nor ear hath heard,
From fancy 'tis concealed,
What Thou, Lord, hast laid up for Thine,
And hast to me revealed.
 
"Then shall my soul with angels feast,
On joys that ever last;
Refined, full, and always sweet,
Delighting to the taste.
Blest be my God, The God of joys,
Who gives me here a crumb,
And fills my soul with earnest hope,
Till I arrive at home."
~
Unknown

 

“The LORD hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad.”

Psalm 126:3

this is my Father's world

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for the time you take to read!