Wednesday, March 28, 2012

For My Dear Little Nephew~

 

“I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.” Psalm 139:14

Robert Edward Lee Cutler

My brother Bryant and sister-in-law Kathryn are expecting a son on July 4th 2012, Lord willing! Children are a blessing from the Lord.  Here is a prayer that comes to my mind when thinking of children…

A Christian Home

O give us homes built firm upon the Saviour,
Where Christ is Head, and Counsellor and Guide;
Where ev'ry child is taught His love and favor
And gives his heart to Christ, the crucified:
How sweet to know that tho' his footsteps waver
His faithful Lord is walking by his side!

O give us homes with godly fathers, mothers,
Who always place their hope and trust in Him;
Whose tender patience turmoil never bothers,
Whose calm and courage trouble cannot dim;
A home where each finds joy in serving others,
And love still shines, tho' days be dark and grim.

O Lord, our God, our homes are Thine forever!
We trust to Thee their problems, toil, and care;
Their bonds of love no enemy can sever
If Thou art always Lord and Master there:
Be Thou the center of our least endeavor:
Be Thou our Guest, our hearts and homes to share

I pray for you, dear little Robert, daily, and I pray for your parents. May the Lord give them great wisdom as they raise you in the nurture and admonition of the Lord! May you be a shining light in our family and church for the disappointment of God’s enemies and God’s glory! I did some research today on your names meanings, I will share my findings with you. I pray that you will live up to your name!

Robert: Abiding in God ~ May you ever abide in and walk with God.

“I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.” John 15:5

Edward: Guardian of Happiness ~May you ever be joyful in the Lord and delight in Him!

“Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart.” Psalm 32:11

Lee: Gracious ~ May you be a gracious man, loved by God and all good men!

“He that loveth pureness of heart, for the grace of his lips the king shall be his friend.” Proverbs 22:11

Cutler: You carry on your family’s name. May you bring honor to your father and mother for the glory of God!

“A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold.” Proverbs 22:1

Praying for you~

Love,

Aunt Brytni

~If you would like to see updates about Robert, Go Here ~

4 comments:

  1. such a sweet post, Brytni! I can't wait to see pictures of him! Yes, Children are a treasure from the Lord! If only the people in this world would realize this!

    Love ya!

    ~Kaylee~

    P.S. Do you know how to edit other peoples comments on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kaylee! I am sure we'll take lots of pictures to share :)

    Love you too :D

    P.s. I have never tried to edit someone else's comment before. I am not sure that can be done. However, if someone has made a spelling error or something like that and would like it fixed, I have simply deleted there previous comment and they submit a new one with the changes... Hope that is helpful :) Have a lovely day, delighting in our merciful Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Brytni! This is a very sweet post! I am thankful the Lord blessed us with you as a sister!

    Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very welcome! I am very thankful to have you as a sister too, Kathryn, and Bryant as a brother! The Lord is so good to me! Love you too, very much!

    I can hardly wait to rejoice with you at the arrival of your son!

    Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for the time you take to read!