Thursday, March 8, 2012

Questions of Self Examination:

 

We should examine our hearts and our lives according to God’s Word, frequently and honestly. Less than full honesty here is self-deceit and forgets an omniscient God.

The lack of fruit in a life is a bad thing (II Pet 1:9; John 15:2; II Cor 5:17).

The Questions:

Am I enjoying my first love of Christ (Rev 2:4)?  Or am I cold and dull?
Am I a hot, cold, or lukewarm Christian (Rev 3:15-16)? Shall He spue?
Are my conversations spiritually minded most of the time (Rom 8:5-9)?
How much time, effort, priority, and importance do I place on my spiritual duties?
See the time, effort, and priority in physical transformation (I Co 9:24-27).
Am I very sorrowful for all the sins I commit?  Or are some “little sins”?
Do I have areas of life over which I am defensive and protective?
Did I pray this week for God to search and know me (Ps 139:23-24)?
Do I hate evil?  Does all evil really get my spirit angry?  (Prov 8:13).
Do I have any bitterness, grudge, offence, envy, or anger with/against others?
Can I imagine that anyone might have an outstanding grudge with me?
Might a parent, sibling (not my case but: or spouse) have scars of ancient wounds I could erase?
Is there a brother or sister I should reconcile with before communion (Matt 5:21-26)?
Revival and preparation for Jesus Christ requires family unity (Mal 4:5-6).
Is your marriage perfect?  In your spouse’s eyes?  In God’s?  (I Pet 3:7).
Were you content with your husband/wife completely all week?
Did I watch any evil this past week (Ps 101:3; Rom 1:32)?
Did I guard all my thoughts?  Did I justify any?  Did I confess?
Did I use my job simply as a means to support my pursuit of God?
Did I show brotherly kindness to other members of my church in any way last week?
Did I read my Bible with the intent of knowing and finding God?
Did I pray this week and ask for the Holy Spirit or a spiritual revival?
Did I commit adultery with my mind? Murder with my heart or lips?
Did I get angry and sin?  Did I let the sun go down on my wrath?
I need to be a John the Baptist and Elijah with a “take no prisoners” attitude.
How holy am I?  How content?  How godly?  How spiritually minded?
What habits do I still have in my life that the LORD would cut out?

Let us examine ourselves, and repent!

Lord be merciful to me, a sinner!

flower-62-BeautifulFreePictures.com

I ran across an outline for a sermon on this subject today, and thought this was so beneficial that I wanted to post the questions on here! I hope you gain as much as I have from this examination tool.

8 comments:

  1. Brytni, Thank you for these great questions, reflections, and reminders! LORD help us repent and return again unto our first works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Thank you for your comment mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post Brytni!
    I've recently been thinking about this subject also.
    Thank you SO much for your uplifting and encouraging posts!
    God's bountiful blessings on you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kaylee, dear! All glory to God! Thank you for your comment, and may the Lord be with you and your family as well! May we all strive to be more and more like Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, Brytni! Amen! Self-examination is something we all need to do daily. Thank you for your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Daniel! May the Lord be glorified! Thank you for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Just found your blog a couple days ago.. really enjoyed looking through it :)

    Good post,..... goes to show how depraved we are as we go through the questions.
    I reposted here http://blog.chaseclift.net/?note=questions-of-self-examination

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your encouragement Chase. The Lord be glorified, and help us to repent! Thank you for your comment.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for the time you take to read!