Saturday, March 24, 2012

Sheer Joy!

 

I am so full of rejoicing this morning, that even the bird singing sweetly in the tree fails to render adequate praise to our Master! Though I had 1000 tongues, I couldn’t exalt Him highly enough! His name is above every name! Most importantly, I am His and He is mine! Halleluiah! Rejoice with me brethren, for praise is comely for the upright! We are washed in His blood, covered in His righteousness, therefore are we upright. Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy, His abundant mercy, He saved us.

He gives us each new day, and fills those days with new mercies. His compassions fail not. GREAT is His faithfulness, and He is our exceeding great reward! O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together!

I have a song in my heart and on my tongue this day, sing it with me for sheer joy in and of Him!

“Come, Christians, join to sing,

Alleluia! Amen!
Loud praise to Christ our King;
Alleluia! Amen!
Let all with heart and voice,
Before His throne rejoice;
Praise is His gracious choice.
Alleluia! Amen!

Come, lift your hearts on high,
Alleluia! Amen!
Let praises fill the sky;
Alleluia! Amen!
He is our Guide and Friend;
To us He’ll condescend;
His love shall never end.
Alleluia! Amen!

Praise yet our Christ again,
Alleluia! Amen!
Life shall not end the strain;
Alleluia! Amen!
On heaven’s blissful shore,
His goodness we’ll adore,
Singing forevermore,
Alleluia! Amen!”

Christian H. Bateman, 1843

flying maiden

7 comments:

  1. " A Psalm of praise. Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands. Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing. Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations." (Psalm 100, KJV)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kaylee! Hope all is well with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful thoughts and song. It makes me think of "Joy Unspeakable". :)
    "I have found His grace is all complete
    It supplieth every need
    While I sit and learn at Jesus' feet
    I am free, yes, free indeed"
    "It is joy unspeakable, and full of glory....
    Oh, the half has never yet been told!"

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Christina! I like that hymn a lot too :) There are so many rejoicing hymns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post really lifted up my spirit today...about 7 months after you wrote it :) Joy is so contagious! Thank you for posting so I could catch it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad it was a blessing to your soul! The Lord is good to use things that lifted others up months ago to lift another up today! His love and compassion and faithfulness NEVER change! Praise His name! Thank you for your comment! I always appreciate my readers thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for the time you take to read!