Monday, March 12, 2012

What are you Leaning on?

 

“Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.”

Proverbs 3:5-7

What do we place our trust, hope and confidence in? What do we lean on for support, guidance, understanding and strength? Ourselves? NO WAY! We should place our hope and trust in, and get our strength and understanding from, the LORD!

Leaning On The Everlasting Arms

What a fellowship, what a joy divine,
Leaning on the everlasting arms;
What a blessedness, what a peace is mine,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.

Refrain:
Leaning, leaning, safe and secure from all alarms;
Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

Oh, how sweet to walk in this pilgrim way,
Leaning on the everlasting arms;
Oh, how bright the path grows from day to day,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.

What have I to dread, what have I to fear,
Leaning on the everlasting arms?
I have blessed peace with my Lord so near,
Leaning on the everlasting arms

 

Elisha A. Hoffman

 

umbrella

7 comments:

  1. Missed seeing you yesterday, hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mrs. Jackson! I missed you too. :( Hope that you had an uneventful and safe trip home. Right now I am very thankful for decongestants! Have a good night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to the decongestants! We did have a "dull" trip home ~the last hour in the car was really long! But it was a great weekend. Hopefully, we will get to visit with you the next trip! Rest lots and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These verses led me through some dark days as a teenager. It is so wonderful to know that we don't have to understand what God is doing in our lives to obey Him. Just trust and obey, for there's no other way! :) Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs. Jackson... Oops! I accidently deleted my comment back to you! Sorry :)

    Sister Christina: Thank you for your comment! Amen! I love the hymn Trust and Obey too! The Lord be with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the title of this post. It was a thought provoking question when I logged on this morning.
    Love the hymn as well...We have nothing to fear or dread! We have such a blessed hope and peace in our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ! Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Sarah Rose! I have been singing and singing this hymn all week! I pray that the Lord is with you! Thank you for your comment!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for the time you take to read!