Wednesday, April 4, 2012

~Great Peace Have They That Love Thy Law~

 

“Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.”

Psalm 46:10

“And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.”

Colossians 3:15

animated girl at window

“Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.”

Psalm 34:14

“Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.”

Psalm 119:165

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

It is well, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.

It is well, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

It is well, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul.

It is well, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

Horatio G. Spafford

7 comments:

  1. LOVE the hymn...gives me chill bumps to hear it and sing it . Makes you wonder, if people really think about what they are singing and if they really long for the "day when my faith shall be sight".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mrs. Jackson and Amen! I wonder many times whether people think about or understand what they are singing. and I assure you that I look forward to that day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always LOVED that song, Brytni! Thanks for posting!

    HUGS!

    ~Kaylee~

    ReplyDelete
  4. ME too Kaylee! I saw that you had a verse of it on your messenger status :) You are welcome, and thank you for commenting and giving your feedback!

    Hugging you back ;)

    Love,
    Brytni

    ReplyDelete
  5. though Satan should buffet...the joy of the LORD is my strength!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is well with my soul, it is my favourite hymn. Totally beautiful and haunting. The story behind it is haunting as well, though beautiful, I pray the Lord gives all of us this attitude when we are in similar circumstances.

    God bless,
    Flame of Jah

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is one among innumerable favourites of mine :) I always find the history behind hymns and the authors of them interesting. Thank you for your comment and amen about being content and blessing the Lord through any trial we may be called upon to pass through. It reminds me of Job.

    The Lord be with you,
    Brytni

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for the time you take to read!