Sunday, April 15, 2012

Hear My Cry, O God!

 

“Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me.” Psalm 66:20

When I was 8 or 9 years old I went through a time of fear at night. Fear of things that I “saw”. I would have bad dreams about the persecution of Christians, and would wake up afraid and unable to sleep anymore. Many times I would cry…

But my dear father would hear me crying in the night and come to me. He would ask me what was wrong and when I told him I was afraid, he told me I need not fear, the LORD would protect me. He would then ask if I wanted him to pray with me. I always said “Yes.” When my father prayed, peace, reassurance and a calmness would fill my soul. I would then sleep soundly.

In the same way that I called upon my earthly father in my time of trouble, we should confidently cry unto our Heavenly Father. He has promised to hear our prayers. I know that He heard my dad’s prayers to comfort and dispel my fears, for the prayer was instantly gratified. I had/have faith in my earthly father to protect, care for and hear me when I call unto him. Do we, as God’s children, have the faith of a child in God?

I am so very thankful for my father for, not telling me, but showing me that I should call upon the Lord in the day of trouble. I am thankful that the Lord has promised to hear me. I am thankful that I can come boldly before His throne to obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need, because I am covered in the righteousness of Jesus Christ!

Thank you heavenly Father for your mercy, and for the great gift you have given me in the form of my earthly father! Thank you Dad for all of your examples of faith and godliness! May the LORD be glorified and praised abundantly…

“… The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.”

James 5:16b

Copy of flower-117-BeautifulFreePictures.com 

7 comments:

  1. When I read your post, I was reminded of the song that the Bontrager family sings. 'Jesus is to you what my daddy is to me.'
    I am So thankful for my earthly father and my heavenly father!
    Thank you for that truth filled post, Brytni!

    Much love!

    Kaylee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to add... Lovely picture! The focus is perfect!

    Your fellow blogger and friend, [smile]

    Kaylee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kaylee! I forgot about that song, but yes, it goes very well with what I wrote :) Thank you for your comment, and I didn't take the photo... Found it. But thank you anyway!

    Your Sister and fellow Pilgrim here,
    Brytni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Daughter, This reminds me of Psalm 42 which your dad has exhorted us to recently, and how our hope is in the LORD and we need not be cast down, afraid, or amazed!:
    " To the chief Musician, Maschil, for the sons of Korah. As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God? My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God? When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday. Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance. O my God, my soul is cast down within me: therefore will I remember thee from the land of Jordan, and of the Hermonites, from the hill Mizar. Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me. Yet the LORD will command his lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life. I will say unto God my rock, Why hast thou forgotten me? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy? As with a sword in my bones, mine enemies reproach me; while they say daily unto me, Where is thy God? Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God." (Psalm 42, KJV)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Mom! Amen! I love that Psalm :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great reminder, Brytni! I was greatly comforted with this post today! Psalm 66 has encouraged me in the past as well...It was amazing to be reminded of it again! May the Lord bless your efforts this week as you please Him.
    -sarah rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Sarah! The Lord be praised! His providence is amazing... May He be with you as well, giving you great mercy, grace and peace.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for the time you take to read!