Saturday, May 5, 2012

One Thing Have I Desired of the LORD…

                             That Will I Seek After!

“I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD.” Psalm 122:1

On of my favourite hymns by Isaac Watts:

How Did My Heart Rejoice To Hear

How did my heart rejoice to hear
My friends devoutly say,
“In Zion let us all appear,
And keep the solemn day!”

I love her gates, I love the road;
The church, adorned with grace,
Stands like a palace built for God,
To show His milder face.

Up to her courts with joys unknown
The holy tribes repair;
The Son of David holds His throne,
And sits in judgment there.

He hears our praises and complaints;
And while His awful voice
Divides the sinners from the saints,
We tremble and rejoice.

Peace be within this sacred place,
And joy a constant guest!
With holy gifts and heav’nly grace
Be her attendants blest!

My soul shall pray for Zion still,
While life or breath remains;
There my best friends, my kindred dwell,
There God my Savior reigns.

Copy (2) of canyon-leaves_w128[1]

5 comments:

  1. Wow what a powerful hymn, Brytni! Thank you SO much for sharing it!
    Where did you find all those lovely pictures on your blog?

    Your fellow blogger and friend,
    Kaylee

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kaylee and you are very welcome!

    As to the pictures, it depends on which ones you mean :) The one of the leaves in this post is from searching google for free pictures of plants/flowers. The ones with scripture in my side bar are from a site called "Pleasing Design" And finally, the rose at the bottom of my side bar column of a rose was taken by a sweet friend, Allison, authoress of "A Window Into My World"
    I am glad that you enjoy them :) Thank you for the feedback!

    Your Sister in Christ,
    Brytni
    Love you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! I was a smidge redundant about the rose :P Sorry... Should have read "And finally, the photo at the bottom of my side bar column of a rose..."

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous hymn, I love the words. Normally while singing it's easy for me to get distracted from the words and focus on the tune, but it's great to just read the words sometimes. =)
    Oh, and by the way, I found your lovely blog through Kaylee. ;)
    Blessings!
    ~Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Lily Marie! Thank you for "stopping by"! Amen! I definitely agree with that! My family loves to sing and it is easy to get wrapped up in the harmony. May we all take heed how we hear. We are to sing unto edification! May we always do so. Thank you for your comment! It is always great to get some encouragement.

    ~Brytni

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for the time you take to read!