~5 inputs to make or break a victorious Christian life
- Daily Prayer ~Intimate prayer of communion and fellowship with God about Spiritual things. Including adoring Him, telling Him how much you love Him, confession of your sins & your sinfulness, thanksgiving for His saving you and enlightening your eyes to see the things of the kingdom of heaven, begging Him for righteousness, for a holy life and more of the holy spirit. Etc.
- Daily Meditative Bible Reading ~Set apart time to seek God and have your soul fed by every Word of the living God.
- Friends ~Evil communications corrupt good manners. Forsake the foolish and live. He that walketh with wise men shall be wise. A companion of fools shall be destroyed. God hates foolishness and folly. Friends influence you greatly. The saints and the excellent should be who you find all delight and friendship in!(Psalm 16:3) Be a companion of all them that fear the Lord. Bible believing, Christ loving people is who you should want for friends.
- Music ~Very powerful medium. The music that you ought to let in should be godly music that glorifies Christ! Ask: Is it God glorifying? Christ honoring? Temperance teaching? Christian music? If Music is the “language of the soul” what kind of language do you want to be speaking to it? When you’re merry sing Psalms! One way to befriend the world and be the enemy of God is to listen to it’s music.
- Entertainment ~Hollywood is the devil’s pulpit. Everything that comes out of it is preaching a religion. Moving pictures are the most powerful medium the world has ever seen. I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes. Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity. Do you take pleasure in anyone that does the things contrary to the word of God? (Romans 1)
“Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.”
This is basic but successful Christianity!
If you want to listen to the sermon this post is based on, here is a link: