Thursday, June 14, 2012

Evening Meditations

By Mrs. Willie M. Conry

Oh what have I done in thy name, dear LORD,
As I come to the close of this day?
Have I looked up to heaven and thee,
Or, have my steps gone astray.

Have I let my light shine as it should,
Plain enough that others could see?
Or, have my deeds been so worthless and bold,
That others are blinded to Thee?

How hard, oh how hard is my pilgrimage here;
How little the good is in me.
But, guide my hands, guide my feet, dear Lord,
In the paths that will honor Thee.

Oh, what have I done, Oh what have I done,
In Thy name, dear Lord, this day?
Have I looked up to heaven or Thee,
Or, have my steps gone astray?
Or, have my steps gone astray?

le bo peep 

4 comments:

  1. I love this hymn! What a great reminder for us to examine ourselves at the end of each day, repent, and turn again and do the first works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! I love it too mom! Thanks for your comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I just came across your blog by doing a bit of blog-surfing and I'm glad I did! I've added myself as your newest follower, and I hope you'll check out my Christian devotional site as well.

    Have a blessed day!

    In Christ,
    Dakota - A Look at Life from a Deerstand

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dakota! Thank you for "dropping by"! I have actually visited your blog on several occasions already! Thank you for your invitation. I am sorry that my posting of your comment and my reply thereto are so tardy. My nephew was born this morning and it has been a busy day! I am an otherwise fairly prompt in approving and replying to my kind followers :) Again, thanks for stopping by and letting me know I am welcome to visit your blog too.
    A fellow servant sojourning here in fear,
    Brytni

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for the time you take to read!