Saturday, June 2, 2012

Who are Your Friends?

 

“He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.”

Proverbs 13:20

birthday large

Who are your companions? Who do you choose to “walk with” day in and day out? You will be whatever you’re with. No matter how wise or strong you are, foolish and worldly friends will bring you down! There is another side to that though… Wise friends will give you wisdom and build you up, no matter how foolish you are!

Are you stronger or wiser than King Solomon? Foolish affinity turned his heart away from the LORD and caused him to sacrifice to strange gods! (1 Kings 3:1 & 11:1-11)

“Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.”

1 Corinthians 15:33

Are you or your family’s good manners being corrupted? Check your friends! Choose your children’s friends with care. A good church can and should provide most or all such friends. If you are discontent with your church and prefer other people as friends, destruction is ahead! Take heed lest ye fall!

I am very thankful for my friends in The Church At St. Louis! I praise the Lord for each and every member! Every joint has a purpose and I am thankful for that! I am thankful for a wise father and mother who have chosen my friends carefully over the years. Lord help us to resist the temptation to have affinity with the world!

grandmother

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh!!! Thanks SO much for posting this!!!!
    I was actually thinking about posting a friendship post also!
    Luv u,
    Kaylee

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome! The Lord be praised! I will look forward to seeing your post upon friendship! Thank you for your encouraging comments! I REALLY appreciate them! The Lord be with you!

    Love you too!
    Brytni

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for the time you take to read!