- Satisfaction with your place and possessions.
- Contentment is a choice and great gain (I Timothy 6:6).
- Contentment is a commandment (Hebrews 13:5-6)
- Discontentment will ruin you as a Christian.
- Discontentment is lose-lose: fantasy and reality.
- The happiest people are the most contented.
- It does not allow for complaining. (Jude 16)
- It does not allow for murmuring (1 Corinthians 10:10)
- God chose your life for His glory and your profit.
- If walking with God, nothing else matters at all.
- Discontentment does not allow relaxed pleasure.
- Discontentment wastes energy, thought, etc.
- It is a denial of our beloved sovereignty of God.
- You deserve hell fire – anything else is better.
- Our things surpass all nations and generations.
“But godliness with contentment is great gain.”
1 Timothy 6:6
“Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.”
“These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.”
“Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.”
1 Corinthians 10:10
CHALENGE ~ Comment with the things that you have that surpass all nations and generations, then go forth and CHOOSE to be content!
Vehicles- Including cars, trains and plains etc. We can GO! Now, the place that I am the most thankful to go is the house of the Lord… Sunday when I meet with the Church at St. Louis is the most precious time and glorious spot on earth to be! Our modern convenience of cars allow the who knows how long it would be walk or buggy ride to be a 30 minute drive! Thank you Lord!
P.S. Sorry for taking so long to get this next trait up… My family has had a very busy week+… Thank you to all you who have prayed for us! : )