Saturday, January 5, 2013

My Spirit Doth Rejoice!

 

How did my heart rejoice to hear
My friends devoutly say,
“In Zion let us all appear,
And keep the solemn day!”

I love her gates, I love the road;
The church, adorned with grace,
Stands like a palace built for God,
To show His milder face.

Up to her courts with joys unknown
The holy tribes repair;
The Son of David holds His throne,
And sits in judgment there.

He hears our praises and complaints;
And while His awful voice
Divides the sinners from the saints,
We tremble and rejoice.

Peace be within this sacred place,
And joy a constant guest!
With holy gifts and heav’nly grace
Be her attendants blest!

My soul shall pray for Zion still,
While life or breath remains;
There my best friends, my kindred dwell,
There God my Savior reigns.

Isaac Watts

Copy (2) of canyon-leaves_w128[1]

8 comments:

  1. I love this. Thank you for posting! Blessings Brytni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I REALLY appreciate all of your comments! It is such a blessing and encouragement to me :) May the LORD bless thee too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a favorite Sunday morning hymn! I love going to meet with the Saints to worship our Observant, Liberal, Forgiving, and Vulnerable King! Thank you for sharing! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you mother :) I love you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Brytni, you were so encouraging to me when I said that I have trouble with prayer as a discipline that I wanted you to know I was really blessed by your encouragement.

    I have also been blessed to be directed to a Bible reading plan that I am going to use for the year. The plan was recommended to me on New Years Day- how wonderful is that? I am on day seven. Today I will be reading from Genesis, Psalms, Proverbs, Matthew, and Acts. It has already helped me to be reading in a bit of a plan- some how plans help me.
    It is a real blessing for me to be able to be encouraged by other young ladies- thank you again for your blog. In Christ, Faith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise God, dear Faith, from Whom all blessings flow! I am excited for you! For my daily Bible reading, I use the King James Version One Year Bible. It makes it nice to have it all in one spot :) I pray that your reading plan goes well for you! It is a wonderful thing to saturate one's self in the Word of God daily! May He bless you for your efforts to serve Him more acceptably in 2013! You will be in my thoughts and prayers! Your comments continue to be a source of encouragement to me, thank you so much! :) Your Sister, Brytni

    ReplyDelete
  7. May the LORD's radiant countenance warm you through and through ;) Thank you for the comment Lilly!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for the time you take to read!