Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Loving the Minors…

 

I am reading through the minor Prophets right now and so the next several posts are going to be the verses that I most love from each… Well, I start with Lamentations, and though Jeremiah is not considered a minor prophet I am going to include these…

“This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord.

Lamentations 3:21-26

“Let us search and try our ways, and turn again to the Lord. Let us lift up our heart with our hands unto God in the heavens.”

Lamentations 3:40,41

“Thou hast heard my voice: hide not thine ear at my breathing, at my cry. Thou drewest near in the day that I called upon thee: thou saidst, Fear not. O Lord, thou hast pleaded the causes of my soul; thou hast redeemed my life.”

Lamentations 3:56-58

“Thou, O Lord, remainest for ever; thy throne from generation to generation. Wherefore dost thou forget us for ever, and forsake us so long time? Turn thou us unto thee, O Lord, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.”

Lamentations 5:19-21

4 comments:

  1. I love Lamentations! My favorite verses are Lamentations 3:21-26
    They have been my favorites for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Faith! They are wonderful verses! He is good to give us such comfort in His Word!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, can't wait to see the rest of this series!
    Thanks for your ever encouraging posts, Brytni!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much Kaylee! Your excitement is a great encouragement to follow through :)

    All glory to God,
    Love you too!
    Brytni

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for the time you take to read!