Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Greatest Test…

 

Help me to walk so close to Thee,

That those who know me best can see,

I live as godly as I pray,

And Christ is real from day to day.

 

I see some once a day or year,

To them I blameless might appear,

‘Tis easy to be kind and sweet,

To people who we seldom meet.

 

But in my home are those who see,

Too many times the worst of me.

My hymns of praise were best unsung,

If I could not control my tongue.

 

When I am vexed and sorely tried,

And my impatience cannot hide.

May no one stumble over me,

Because Thy love they failed to see.

 

But give me LORD, a life that sings,

And victory over little things.

Give me Thy calm for every fear,

Thy peace for every fallen tear.

 

Make mine, O LORD, through calm & strife,

A gracious and unselfish life.

Help me with those who know me best,

For Jesus’ sake to stand the test.

Author Unknown

reading in the garden

This is my prayer~ Could not be better said.

2 comments:

  1. OH yes! This is a prayer I need too... May no one stumble over me, because THY love they failed to see!
    It is so true. How many can I help or hinder because of my actions? I can appear very good to those who don't see me at home.. It is my family who knows whether I am bearing fruit or not. Thank you for this.
    Blessings in Christ~ Faith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment Faith! May the LORD make us to go in His way and teach our tongues the law of kindness!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for the time you take to read!