Monday, September 15, 2014

Title of my blog^

How do we sojourn here in fear? (1 Peter 1:17)
By keeping the LORD's commandments!

What are they?

#1 Love the LORD your God with all your heart, mind, soul & strength;
#2 Love your neighbor as yourself. {All other laws hang on these two.} (Matthew 22:38-40)

(#1) We are to gird up our minds, taking every thought captive in obedience to Christ and hoping to the end for the grace that will be given when Jesus Christ appears. (1 Peter 1:13)

(#1) We are to be holy as God is holy, (1 Peter 1:16)
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
(#2) We are to love our brethren (1 Peter 1:22)
   (Love=Charity)
What do we know about charity? a lot :) But here are a few things:

a. Paul taught in 1 Corinthians 13 an in depth definition of loving our neighbor as we love our self.

b. Charity is greater than faith and hope, faith and hope abide and are good, but charity is better (1 Corinthians 13:13)

c. All the sign gifts, which were wonderful and glorious and miraculous pass away, but not charity! (1 Corinthians 13:8)

d. It is better and above giving all your goods to feed poor people, having faith enough to move mountains, even giving your body to be BURNED... if you do all these things, that ARE good, but have no charity they are truly of NO, absolutely NO profit.

If we desire to please the LORD, take hold of the plough handle and never look back, to sojourn here in fear as He has called us to do (because we call on Him we must! and He will judge each of us without respect of rank, station, money, etc. for our life{actions and thoughts}), then we need to learn how to have and live charity.

I want to! So I want to take one phrase at a time from Paul's definition of love and reflect upon it, write about it and try to put it into practice in a way I have not done before. (over a stretch of time to be determined)

You can come along with me and look over my shoulder... You would be very welcome and I would be delighted if you would join me by adding your thoughts in the "comments box" of anything you have thought of to add to each aspect or facet of charity that I may miss!

This is just my introduction... soon I will begin upon the phrases. I named my blog "Sojourning Here in Fear" and I want to continue to live it and to live it better than ever before!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for the time you take to read!